Life of late

So yes it has once again been a while since I've made time to blog. I've decided to let that be the case though as it is really an unrealistic expectation of myself to do this any more regularly unfortunately. I am amazed by people who blog every few days or every week, what great discipline...I however will lower my standards for this blog to a less frequent update.


Winter has finally arrived. I was hopeful for a while there that we may just skip that bitter cold stage as we had quite a good, warm run for so long! That obviously lends itself to walks and park visits and all the wonderful 'out-doorsy' you can do with little people. I have still tried to do some of that, but havent been quite so successful in dodging inpredictable bursts of rain or remembering a towel when we go to the park, making it very short times out for myself and Abby and we usually resort to a Mc Donalds play area or the inside play park at the mall which in turn means the healthy, outdoors outing in the fresh air turns into me sitting with a coffee (and in most cases, a muffin) packing on the calories while I watch Abigail run wild.






Something 'winter-friendly' that we did this week for the first time with Abigail, was taking her to a movie! It must be one of my most favourite things to do. I never get tired of going to the movies. Lucky for Gavin Im easy to please on date nights. Needless to say, Abby loved it! Mum very kindly made her birthday evening activity a family viewing of Kung Fu Panda 2 so that Abigail could come with. She absolutely loved it and went from lap to lap in her first movie viewing on the big screen. It was so cute to watch.






I must admit, I love some aspects to Winter, so I can't fully complain...especially when our Winter involves movie nights, walks in the rain, warm blankets, hot chocolate, cuddling up in pjs reading books to Abby with hot milo...no I can't complain, we are very, very blessed...but Im still holding out for the sun :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power