I hope my bubble is getting bigger...

I have no real reason for blogging today, except that I am frustrated by a story my aunt told me yesterday and I have run out of people to tell...

I have come to the conclusion that we all live in our own little 'bubble worlds', some more than others. Hopefully being Christian, 'Christ-focused' & others-centered, our bubbles are bigger than ourselves. But it is sad when you hear stories of people who have made life more important than other people.

It was actually a fairly comical order of events, sort of a comedy of errors which started with my aunty from Hamilton wantint to drop her CV in at a school in an unfamiliar area (Huapai - yup that's right, I'm naming and shaming). To cut a long, stressful drive's story short, the party of 4 (being my aunty who is not familiar with Auckland at all, my elderly grandad who saldy has dementia, my grandmother who tends to worry and is not all that familiar with Auckland either and my little 3 year old cousin who is not at all prone to pleasant car trips), got lost a number of times on the way. In all fairness, it was bucketing down and for some reason my aunt's window didn't demist very well I heard, so it was chellenging in and of itself. However upon reaching the school, instead of a nice quick drop-off of the CV, the car ended up in a mud puddle and got quite wonderfully stuck...

My aunty, being obviously female and a petite one at that, understandaly went to a nearby house for help (while having two elderly people and a crabby toddler waiting in the stcuk car). She was greeted by a man who very 'kindly' pointed her down the road to a mechanic who could help her because he wasn't able to. In short, my aunty asked 5 people...5 people! All of whome could not or would not help her. This included a selection of passers-by and neighbours. In the end, Mr. number 6 helped push the car out the mud and that was that.

It just made me think about the time we live in and how sad it is that we seem to have lost our sense of community in the world. And that someone in a suit on his way to work, could quite possibly get in trouble, or at least feels as if he would get in trouble, for getting muddy helping a woman push her car out of the mud.

May this serve as a reminder to keep our bubbles big, otherwise the world will be a very sad and lonely place.

That is all.

P.S that was a very morbid post. On a brighter note, my little girl will be 2 soon (that's nearly 2 whole years of the cutest, most wonderful, most amazing little girl being part of our lives). I had a wonderful day with the family out visiting a side of Auckland I never have been to. The sun was shining for the most part today... and I had Nandos for dinner - yum! Ok there, that hopefully balances the post with some positive things!
:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power