1st Wedding Anniversary


It is hard to believe that it's been a year since we were 1st married! It was great that we got to spend the day together and celebrate.


That morning we headed off with Abigail, bright and early and had breakfast at a nearby cafe'. The rest of the day was relaxed, o so different to that day one year earlier with all the hustle and bustle of wedding preparations!


I can't say I was excited for our anniversary evening. Gavin, very proud of his plan, announced the day before, that we would be spending the evening at his parents house. His mother would be cooking a 'gourmet' meal, Deby would be babysitting Abby and his dad would be serving us. There was nothing wrong with that plan, in fact it sounded like a great night, but just not the way I hoped to spend our first anniversary. Gavin must have loved my less than thrilled reaction, seeing as he actually had other plans.


That night after persuading me to change into something nicer because we would 'take photos', we headed to his parents house. I realised then that he might have other plans because his mother had 'forgotten' to cook dinner for us and Gavin suggested we grab McDonald's before watching a movie. I'm really not fussed with fancy restaurants and the like, and even plans for fast food and a movie sounded good. So after getting Abigail settled, we headed off.


The night turned out so special. Gavin grabbed our tickets and when we went to go in, we took a turn into Gold Class. I was quite impressed and had a really memorable night. We watched Sherlock Holmes and ordered dinner for during the movie. Watching movies really is my favourite date, so of course watching movies in a recliner, being served food in the movie, was just amazing, and obviously sitting next to my favourite person made it even better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power