Frog in hot water

I know this is only my second post, and perhaps a topic a little heavy for what should be 'light' beginnings.

Today I sat with a friend and fellow mother and we voiced out concerns about the society we will be raising our 'little angels' in. Although every mother of a smiling, precious 4 month old is inclind to think her baby won't need any discipline and will turn out an impeccable moral citizen, I know that is just wishful thinking.

What do we do when society is telling us to live contradicting the word of God? Truth is, I fully intend to discipline my 'little angel' one day and would like the freedom to gove her a good smack, out of love and where appropriate, if I choose to do so. It is scary to think that I could face charges for doing what good, upstanding members of society have done in successful child rearing for years; me being one of the success stories of one of those cases.

I know this is something I am going to have to deal with in the future and it saddens me that more isn't being done to ensure parents have the freedom to discipline as they see fit, especially seeing as it is a Biblical principal and that the Bible's principles have proved a pretty successful way to do life in every other area so far.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power