way too long

I find myself without excuse as to why it has taken me 9 months to finally sit down and write... yup, no excuse...not one. Business is sadly an excuse for everything and the only one I have. So many wonderful things have happened in these 9 months, mainly just everyday life and being able to watch a little baby become a little girl with a distinctive personality of her own. It is fascinating to just sit and watch her and sometimes I find myself doing just that; just sitting watching her as she plays quietly or potters around murmuring or singing.

It has just ticked over into 2011 and the list of things we've done is already filling up. A biggie is our trip back to South Africa! Abigail and Gavin both met my family there and we met his, it was quite the reunion. It was there that Abby spent a night away from us for the first time. Although I did miss her terribly, the slight distraction of 4-star accommodation on the Waterfront and a night of fine dining and a movie did help a little in taking my mind off it... Straight after our family adventure in Africa we basically stepped off the plane and into a 4 day beach Mission back at church which saw 248 souls saved - definitely worth coming home to! And just like that, life is back to it's usual speedy pace with its mix of baby showers, birthday party and wedding invitations filling our fridge front already!

I must say I do miss the 'free-ness' of being a million miles away from commitment...no cellphone, hardly any Internet access, no places to be except of course for our pleasure and at our leisure; the joys of holiday. Sad that it has to come, of course, with a hefty price tag attached; one empty savings account and 32 hours of flying with an 18 month old, later (sigh). But it was worth it all! memories with family that seem like a dream already, how sad. Although we have files and files of photographs to take us 'back' anytime we want.

Anyway, enough reminiscing! 2011 awaits us! A year starting off with uncertainty but the flip side of that is that anything is possible, how exciting! I know I'll be writing (much more frequently I promise) with news of amazing things that have happened for us. For now its praying and waiting and praying some more.

Well I always struggle to end these things. I will just do it, no clever ending today, sorry. It is 9.55pm and I will undoubtedly be ruthlessly awoken at 6am, no later, by a little someone all ready to start her day. Better get some sleep...z z z z z z........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power