precious things

With no intention of having a reflection moment, a song I heard and a glance at our baby boy, Eli's little knitted jumper that lies empty in a frame on our window ledge has left me contemplating his little life.

Grief is such a puzzling emotion to grapple with when you have hope. I feel if I grieve for things that seem lost I come full circle to embracing with a grateful heart the life that has come as a result of what has left us. Tears come every now and then as memories and emotions get the better of me, a little heart that barely beat in this world yet left such an imprint on ours, a little person taking up no more space than a shoebox, taking up huge space in our hearts and our family.

So as I wait for the cries of our precious boy who is about to wake up, thinking about the cries I never heard from his older brother, it is bitter-sweet. I guess it is all too true that He takes our mourning and gives us joy. Memories ever etched in our heart as we journey on in life. Knowing somehow it all makes sense on a dimension too complex to comprehend. Somehow it is all ok. Somehow it is ok to mourne the loss and celebrate the life that otherwise would not have come, without loving less or even understanding it all.

Remembering Eli Zachary Gavin 17/11/13
Celebrating Jedidiah David Simeon 03/11/14

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power