Virus',fossils and fostercare

Well the beauty of my life is that there is never a dull moment. There is no 'normal', no down-time and no two days the same (just the way I like it).

Unfortunately this week has been a bit of a right off. The dreaded vomitting bug has hit hard and fast and had us one at a time out for the count as we played some sort of a terrible relay game with the virus. Poor Abby starting us off on Tuesday and then it gradually made it's way through the family (the WHOLE family, extended and all). Bit of a downer as it was the last week of school holidays but Abby seems to have enjoyed her time off having been able to squeeze in a few play-dates with friends, a re-watch of the Cinderella movie (which has become a personal favourite of mine, just too sweet), a trip to the zoo (featuring some up-close and personal time with the giraffes which was impressive) and a play at an indoor playground.

Today we had a little family adventure to the City and made our way through the Museum. It was teh perfect day for it and we joined in with throngs of tourists as the rain poured down outside and we followed excited kids who went through slightly too fast, from one display to another. All Noah cared about was dinosaurs, so needless to say he was very excited to find some there. Abigail is just a curious cookie and loved the whole experience. It was actually at her request that we went and she spent the day asking a million questions, as you do when you're 5. The trip was an overall success except I fear that we may have opened up the door to some sort of volcano fear... tonight a teary eyed Abby quizzed and questioned me ALL about volcanos and how we know they won't erupt in Auckland. Poor girl, she really has been thinking about it all day long.




On another note, I saw a promotional clip on foster care on Facebook recently. It has really got me thinking again about our plan to open our home to kids in the foster-care system. It really breaks my heart that so many kids are helplessly being taken on the most awful journey through the system. It has always been my desire to foster and possibly adopt. I thank God Gav feels the same way and it is our dream to one day earn enough to have a big house with lots of room for kids, lots of kids!My first priority is my kids though and I really want them just a bit older so they are part of the process too. The current plan is 5 years. When Abby is 10, Noah is 8 and Jed is 6 we will do our Disneyland trip then come back and start our open home with younger kids. I seriously cannot wait!



Speaking of new homes, it has been so lovely having moved into our new home! God is so good, we have been praying for a while for a new place. Not just a new place but the means to pay for it! I found this lovely open plan 5 bedroom home with 2 living spaces and enough room for us at the top and borders downstairs. It really has been a great blessing having a bigger house with more room for the kids who each have their own room. Looking forward to building our dream house one day, but for now this is just lovely.







Life is good, kids are too cute and growing too fast! Time overall just seems to march on without anyones permission. Seriously, just looking back at posts of when I started the blog with little Abby, a baby next to me. Now I sit 5 years on with baby Jed kicking away next to me (who has just got his first tooth by the way, celebration time)! It is all just a bit surreal. Definitely need to cherish the moments and the season I'm in. Loving every minute of raising these little guys and although I look forward to Disneyland and fostering and all that lies ahead for our little family, I know that this time will never be lived again so I really am living in the moment that is now and praying I never forget the funny little things they say, the cuddles in the morning or the way they just fill our home and our hearts with so much love. Challenging at times? O yeah! Worth it? Definitely :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BIG conversations with little people

Make it count!

People Power